Grand Manan is more than just a pleasant vacation "getaway" - it is an "experience"! If you are seeking wild nightlife, hustle and bustle of a major urban centre then this is not for you! But, on the otherhand, if you seek a chance to relax, enjoy quality time with your other half or family, gain pleasure from the clean air and pristine waters and all the surrounding land, air and marine life, then do come and visit us!
There is much to see and do on Grand Manan. Like many Island communities, there is an air of hospitality everywhere. You can walk or hike the many well marked trails, browse the small shops or art galleries or spend a day at the renowned Grand Manan Whale and Seabird Research Station - learning more about the endangered species in the Bay of Fundy. Of course, there are the parks and beach areas, whale watching excursions, sea kayaking and canoeing adventures, - rent a bike maybe - check out salmon aquaculture, visit local fishing wharves or watch workers harvest the world famous Grand Manan Dulse from shore rocks - or just "beachcomb". There is so much to do!
Whatever your fancy, there is something here to enjoy, experience or learn from. Be sure to bring your camera or camcorder to record your memorable visit. Even getting here is an enjoyable experience as the trip on the ferry may be your first introduction to the famous Bay of Fundy whales - who knows! One thing we can say - experience tells us that your first trip here will not be your last!
The following are samples of comments left by guests at Seaside Haven Cottages. We are proud that out hospitality prompted these guests to take the time and let us know they enjoyed their stay with us. We would like to share these comments with you!
- "What a nice, clean, beautiful cottage in New Brunswick - we loved it! Wish we could have stayed longer but hope to be back again someday. "Darlene Kelley, Linda Welk ("the injured"), Thief River Falls, Minnesota
- "Dave & Beth, it was a pleasure to be here. Congratulations on your successful operation - we hope to come back and spend more time seaside. Perhaps when the baby is old enough to skip stones on the water and keep Rudy the dog occupied.. "Thanks again, Michelle, Glenn & Owen, Toronto Ont.
- "Thanks for such a super clean, well set-up cottage. Great location - kids loved the beach and boats. "the Armbusters, Medford NY
- "Thanks Dave, for making our 'spur-of-the-moment visit possible. and courtesy of then 'storm warning' we could be back. Your tour talk was much appreciated. I certainly hope to be back here for a longer time. "Betty, Amanda and Lynn Cloutier, Ottawa
- "A very nice and comfortable stay - in spite of some fog. We will come back again - very friendly and accommodating! "The Matthews', NH
- "Dear David & Beth, thank you for a second week at Seaside Haven Cottages. The cottage is just right for us - roomy, comfortable, well equipped and well located. Your hospitality adds a special touch - it;s 'the icing on the cake'! Thanks for everything. " Lois & Bob Jones, Nashville Tenn
- "Our first stay at Seaside Haven Cottages will not be our last. Clean, quiet, well-equipped and comfortable, the cottage was just right for sleeping, setting out on hikes, walksm bicycle rides, ferry trips and shopping - or just sitting and reading. The islanders have been welcoming and open, and we will be back, "Mickey & Joyce Sirota, Searsmont, Me
- "Dear Dave, Thanks for a lovely stay - the cabin was perfect for us and the location superb, "Best.. Sandy Strauss, Carrick Eggleston, Rotry & Lia, Laramie Wyoming
- "We had a most peaceful stay at your cosy, clean and well-equipped cabin. What a pleasure to return 'home' to the cabin after a day hiking the cliffs, exploring the shoreline, birding or biking. We really appreciated your warm hospitality and island "tips" and dry humour! See you again. "Steve & Debra, Landaff NH
- "This is out 10th year on Grand Manan. We love it! We have had 3 foggy visits but we keep on finding things to do anyway. The cabins are perfect, nice view, wildlife watching and great places for the grandchildren to explore. See you next year. "Tom & Sandra Smith
- "Unbelievable! My 2 sons and I among other family members, surrounded by such beauty. The memories will last a lifetime. So much to see, noot nearly enough time! Almost afraid to tell others about our experiences due to wanting it to be a secret - selfish - no I don't think so! Thank you so very much. "Virginia, Matrk, Nathan & Mark 11, 'The Gilleys", Waynesboro Va
- "My 2nd stay at6 Grand Manan. It was a rediscovery of this beautiful island The cottages and the location is more than wonderful, simple, quiet and no wonder it attracts interesting people. I will come back in the years for more. "Eugeny Bolens, Holland
- "This was our fourth stay. We keep coming back to Grand Manan and Seaside Haven! We always discover something new each time. This trip we sea-kayaked around swallowtail light and saw seals and whales. Also recommend the art gallery and mini-golf (if you have kids). The view across the harbour here always stays with you - hope the lighthouse will be successfully restored. Hope to see you again in the near future. "Don, Mary-Lou and Jeff Kiel, State College, Pa.```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
- "One of the cleanest, best outfitted and most pleasant cottages we've ever rented. Thank you for your helpfulness too! "Margo & Dan Redmond, Madison Wisc., & Prince Edward Isle, Ca
- " Great location & comfortable cottage. Shil and I really enjoyed our stay. The full moon over Grand Harbour was a nice touch!" Gerard V LeBlanc, Sechelt B.C.
- "Thank you very much. We found everything very convenient and enjoyed the view and proximity to the shore. Our dog Mocha also had great fun and amused herself on the land and in the water. Thanks again. - The Melkers, Princeton NJ
- "Very neat cottage. Even if it is only a short stay, we did enjoy all of it. We would recommend your place to all our friends. Thank you." - Simone & Danny, Grand Falls NB
- "Here I am again! 4th time. I love to stay here even if I'm on a business trip. Brought my six year old daughter with me this time. She was only 2½ last time she was here. Thanks for taking such good care of us. See you next time." - Kevin & Amber Matthews, Fordwich, Ont.
- "We have had a lovely relaxing time on Grand Manan with good friends and unbelievably good weather. Very picturesque - lovely sunset." - The Brewers (Lohn, Linda, Christie & Scott - Slave Lake Alberta
- "Great to have coffee and laundry available when we arrived.Coffee almost gone. Compass Rose is a great restaurant. The local swimming pool is also great." - Bryan & Marilyn Kennedy, Yonkers NY
ps... Eugene, 5 yro, loved the beach.
- "First time for us. Wish we had more time. We will call again and will recommend the "neat" location to our friends. Spacious accommodations allow us to come and go freely. Thanks for the great time. Hope to see you for a week next year. ps.. the puppies liked it too!" - Terry & Sally Clubey, Baileyville Me (Westland)
- "Cabin #2 - everything is spotless with nice large windows to look across to Ross Island where we waved at low tide, Dave's new lawnmower has finally been initiated with the first rain in months!" - Thay Hope, South Gouldsboro Mass & Jeff Garf, W Newbury, Mass.
- "Thank you for a wonderful cottage by the sea! Take care and we hope to return soon." - Louise, Dian & Katelyn, Maine
- "We enjoyed the cottage, very clean and well equipped with the daily needs. The view was also great. My son enjoyed the playground. Can't wait to come back." - Amanda & John James
- "An artist's paradise, at every turn is a painting-in-waiting. Too bad we are all (4) not able to stay longer. Just hoping my paintings do the lovely island justice. Thanks!" - Beverly Booth, Michigan USA
- "A beautiful island with warm, friendly people. The cottage was very cosy and clean, and David and Beth could not have been better hosts! We love Grand Manan and will definitely return." - Anna & Norman Reim - New Jersey, USA
- "We had a wonderful first visit to Grand Manan & we'll definitely be back. The location of your cottage is perfect & the kids enjoyed their introduction to shell hunting and clam digging. Thanks also, David, for all your info and details on the Island and for the wood for our beach fire. 'Till next time!" - The Reids, Montreal Que.
- "We've been visiting this spectacular island for 10 years and this is our favorite place to lodge. It is clean, comfortable and close to the ocean. It is great for young children with a convenient playground and yard. David & Beth, you were knowledgeable and friendly hosts. Hope this island remains unspoiled with minimal conveniences. We've already booked for next year!" - Tom & Sandra - Cabin 2, Steve & Maura - Cabin 3, The Sullivans, Cabin 1
- "We have had a lovely relaxing time on Grand Manan, with good friends and unbeleivably good weather. Very picturesque - lovely sinset!" - The Brewers, John, Linda, Kelly,Christee and Scott - Slave Lake, Alberta
- "Clean, comfortable cottages - beautiful scenery - fresh "periwinkles" from the beach and "hosts" who went the "extra mile" for their guests - what more could you ask for on a beautiful vacation?? See you next September. Congrats on arrival of new granddaughter." - Jaye Nelson-Hickey, Montreal Que, & Wanda Nelson, Saint John
- "Thank you for your hospitality expressed in so many ways. Bob and I have certainly enjoyed staying at this cottage. We told you earlier that we have waited twenty years to come to Grand Manan after I once read about it. The Island is all that we had hoped for and more! The beauty of land and sea, the friendly people and the relaxed way of life will be remembered and will call us back." - Lois Jones, Nashville Tennessee
- "Our first visit to GM. Enjoyed the entire trip. Cottage was just "perfect". Clean and comfortable. Hopefully, will come back again soon. We feel very rested!" - Perry & Ellen Hadley, Laconia NH USA
|Home||Photo Gallery||How to Reach Us||Guest Comments|